Academic advising is a collaboration between a student and an Academic Advisor. Through teaching and learning experiences, the student sets goals, acquires information and services, and makes decisions consistent with interests, goals, abilities and degree requirements.
OSS Advising Services
The Office for Student Success will provide face-to-face and virtual advising services this spring semester. Any student can schedule a face-to-face advising session or virtual appointment with the OSS Advising Team.
Students seeking face-to-face advising sessions can see an OSS advisor during our designated walk-in hours for face-to-face advising sessions or by appointment. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
to set up a face-to-face advising appointment.
Walk-In Hours for face-to-face advising session:
Monday - Friday
Current students can set up an appointment with the OSS Advising Team using Navigate. All virtual appointments will be conducted via Zoom. You will receive a confirmation email after setting your appointment with instructions on how to access your appointment with an advisor.
Former or prospective students seeking advising can email email@example.com
to schedule an appointment.
Virtual advising hours:
Monday 9am-11:30am & 1pm-4:30pm
Tuesday 9am-11:30am & 1pm-4:30pm
Wednesday 10am-11:30am & 1pm-4:30pm
Thursday 9am-10:30am & 1pm-4:30pm
Friday 9am-11:30am & 1pm-4:30pm
To ensure adequate safety:
Departmental advising services
- Students should enter Hotard Hall using the Houston St. entrance and exit the building on Asbury St.
- Face-to-face advising will be by appointment only to minimize students in the waiting area. Appointments can be made upon drop-in, however, if the advisor is available. Appointments will be scheduled for 30 minutes unless a longer session is requested.
- All face-to-face appointments will be scheduled to meet in Hotard Hall room 111 (conference room). The room allows for enough space to maximize safety with plexiglass panels and seating to facilitate physical distancing.
- The meeting space will be cleaned between each advising appointment. The front desk and lobby spaces will be cleaned after any person utilizes that space.
- The lobby space will only be available to students who are waiting for an upcoming advising appointment. There will be a limit of students allowed in the waiting area based on physical distanced guidelines. Physically distanced seats will be indicated.
Academic departments will provide additional face-to-face advising for students on an as-needed basis. For those that are unable to meet with students desiring face-to-face advising, they can refer their students to the OSS Advising Team. The OSS advisor will then coordinate with the departmental advisor on any department specific questions or needs the student may have.