Transfer Service Project (TSP)
The Transfer Service Project connects transfer students with volunteer opportunities in the Bryan/College Station community with organizations like Habitat for Humanity, Meals on Wheels, and Twin City Mission. Off-campus volunteer opportunities can give you a sense of purpose, increase your feeling of belonging, enable you to make a difference in the community, and help you develop leadership skills.
TSP Volunteer Partners
Habit for Humanity
- Supported by volunteer labor and donations
- Homeowners invest hundreds of hours of their own labor into building their Habitat house and the houses of others
- Habitat houses are sold to partner families at no profit and financed with affordable loans
- Homeowners’ monthly mortgage payments are used to build still more Habitat houses
Twin City Mission
- Provides a home for the homeless, a friend to the friendless, and gives hope to the hopeless
- Builds a foundation of support for those in need through:
- Household Items
Meals on Wheels
- Supports seniors to help them live healthy and well-nourished lives in their own homes
- Keeps a watchful eye on the health and safety of seniors
- Provides a special delivery of a hot meal and a warm smile, something which people can look forward to every day.
Why volunteer? (courtesy of Texas A&M Career Center)
- Volunteer work and community service are both excellent ways for students to gain some experience in career fields in which they are interested. Some organizations are not able to hire interns or part-time staff and, therefore, they use volunteers to perform many important tasks.
- Volunteer opportunities and community service will impress future employers and help to develop contacts in your Aggie’s area of career interest.
You will develop and increase:
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Explore career opportunities
- Acquire experiences you can use on your rèsumè and add to your scholarship and financial aid applications
- Be respectful when participating in the program
- Dress appropriately
- Do not participate in anything you feel uncomfortable doing
- Complete and return all consent/confidential forms before participation
- Have FUN!