Navigate For Advisors and Staff
Navigate Campus provides advisors and staff at Texas A&M with an advanced advising system that utilizes predictive analytics and tools to provide students the absolute best information and advice possible in supporting their success.
Specifically, Campus will allow for advisors and staff to do the following:
- Create availabilty for student advising appointments and drop-in times allowing students to easily schedule through the system
- Record appointment summaries from sessions with students
- Add reminders
- Easily see how many students visited with you over the semester
- Send students automatic reminders of scheduled appointments
- Create appointment campaigns to streamline appointment making for students and easily track scheduling
- Quickly search for students within specific parameters
- Communicate with students quick and easy
- New to Navigate - Introduction for academic advisors to Navigate functionality.
- Appointment Center & Kiosk Training - How to use the Appointment Center & Kiosk for appointment management. This is for those that run their front desk.
- Advanced Search, Student Lists, Reports & Saved Search - This will be an introduction to functionality and prerequisite for Campaigns 101.
- Campaigns 101 - Introduction to designing, running and tracking Campaigns. The prerequiste for this is the Advanced Search, Watch Lists & Saved Search training.
- Campaigns - Interventions, Impact & Assessment - This will be a discussion of best practices and assessment of effectiveness.
- Population Health Dashboard - Introduction to a Navigate analytics tool. This tool provides insight to academic performance and progress of student in their current term.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I request access to Navigate?
- You will need to request assistant or advisor access through your unit's PAA.
- What is the best browser for Navigate?
- EAB recommends using Firefox or Google Chrome for Navigate.
- How do I sign into Navigate?
- You can access Navigate by signing into your Howdy Portal and clicking the Navigate icon at the top of your screen. You can also bookmark the Navigate link and CAS in.
- When is Navigate updated?
- Updates happen overnight; these could include course changes, changes of major, advisor assignments, etc.
- Is the synching between Outlook instantaneous if an appointment is added to my calendar?
- Yes. However, not always. The way it should work is anytime the user makes an adjustment in Outlook or Navigate, it will automatically sync. If the user doesn't adjust anything, it will refresh every 30-35 minutes. For a user's first sync ever, that can take up to 10 minutes to full load all calendar events. Also, if items don't seem to sync you can check for error in the Calendar tab. If you are in error, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a reset.
- Why won't certain events sync on my calendar?
- There are several reasons why events do not sync on your Navigate calendar. First, a recurring event with no end-date will not sync in Navigate. Recurring events with more than 750 instances also will not sync.
- What is the difference between Notes and Appointment Summaries?
- An Appointment Summary should be your main reporting tool when you meet with a student. These are detailed templates with fields of information to guide you as you record your appointment. Notes are used when you aren't meeting with a student, but would like to record some information.
- Who do I contact if I have questions?
- Check for your unit specialist below first. If they are unable to help please email email@example.com with your question.
Navigate Specialists by Unit
Stay Connected Message from Navigate.jpg
Stay Connected Message from Navigate.pptx